About the business
Taylor Fry’s actuarial and analytics consultants use data to support our clients across industry and government in making strategic decisions. This work not only enhances the financial health of these organisations but also helps improve services and initiatives to benefit community.
We’re creative problem solvers – from physicists, engineers, mathematicians and data scientists, to actuaries. This variety strengthens our advice, allowing us to meet the needs of our clients and their customers.
Our innovations have led to changes in government policy in Australia and New Zealand, and continue to break new ground, particularly in the social sector.
About the opportunity
Our business is growing, and we’re committed to investing in this growth.
Taylor Fry offers a workplace that is flexible and collaborative in nature, where your individual contribution is valued. You’ll have the opportunity to make your own mark, with your career development supported and nurtured by your colleagues and the business.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced actuary to support a range of analytics and actuarial engagements, preferably with a background in consulting and experience specific to general insurance and/or injury schemes. In this role, you’ll:
- Work closely with Principals and Directors internally, as well as participate in business development, establishing your own network with current and new clients
- Lead and actively contribute to client projects and sub-projects
- Contribute to tender processes
- Identify and pursue new opportunities with established and new clients
- Mentor and coach consultants and other employees in their area of experience or on client needs
- Build strong relationships at peer and senior levels in client businesses.
You enjoy being part of and contributing to a supportive working environment, recognising the individual value in each person. A creative thinker with a keen commercial sense, you’ll have at least six years’ experience working in an actuarial consulting role.
You’ll bring the following skills and attributes:
- Understanding of and experience in actuarial modelling and analytical techniques
- Understanding of predictive modelling, statistics and/or machine learning and scripting languages, such as SAS, R and Python
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex technical data, with high attention to detail
- Experience leading projects or streams of work
- Experience leading people, and enthusiasm for sharing your knowledge and training team members
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to assimilate information quickly and handle multiple priorities under pressure or within tight timeframes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients and diverse stakeholder audiences
- Ability to focus on the client and take the time to form deep client relationships, listen to client needs, and provide advice and solutions that meet their objectives
- A passion for making a difference using data.
About our culture
Our business was established to create an environment which promotes, encourages and rewards collaboration within our team. We nurture our employees’ interests and support their growth and development. We’re known for doing great work, for our innovation and our thought leadership. Our people particularly love immersing themselves in the technical detail, which they can explore beyond day-to-day client projects by rotating in and out of research roles in our own research and development function, TF Labs.
We take an active interest in our people and their careers, and promote work practices that support wellbeing, mental wellness and work/life balance. The range of benefits we offer include flexible work hours, remote working, paid parental leave and bonuses based on profit share. On the social side, we have a mix of activities, from the contemplative to the super active, so you’re bound to find something you fancy!
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to Sonya Anderson, Head of People & Culture, Sonya.Anderson@taylorfry.com.au
If you wish to have a confidential conversation about the roles, please email Sonya to coordinate a time.